P. Wesley Foster, Jr. is founder, chairman and CEO of The Long & Foster Companies —Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc., Prosperity Mortgage Company, Mid-States Title Insurance Agency, Inc., and Long & Foster Insurance Agency, Inc. He founded Long & Foster Real Estate, Inc. in 1968, along with a partner, Henry A. Long. In July 1979, Mr. Foster became sole owner, and Long & Foster has grown to the largest privately-owned real estate company in America.
Wes Foster is a founding member of The Leading Real Estate Companies of the World and the Realty Alliance, both of which are trade groups consisting of the nation’s leading brokers. He was named “Entrepreneur of the Year” in 1991 for real estate in the Greater Washington, D.C. area by Ernst & Young and co-sponsors Merrill Lynch and Inc. Magazine. In 1987, Wes Foster was elected Chairman of the Washington/Baltimore Regional Authority and is past Chairman of The Business Development Bureau of The Greater Washington Board of Trade.
Foster is a 1956 graduate of the Virginia Military Institute and was also an Army artillery officer, stationed in Darmstadt, Germany.
- Member, board of directors of Lane Construction Corporation of Meridian, Conn.
- Member, George C. Marshall Foundation
- Member, board of directors of RELO®, The Leading Real Estate Companies of the World (a global network of large real estate companies)
- Board member, The Greater Washington Board of Trade
- Board member, Metro Board of Directors of First American Bank of Maryland
- Member, Board of Directors of First Union National Bank of Virginia