Barbara Schaefer McDuffie joined Baker Tilly’s (formerly Beers + Cutler) real estate group in 2007. Prior to joining Baker Tilly, she was a Senior Vice President at Cassidy & Pinkard, a Senior Managing Director at Julien J. Studley, a Principal at Barrueta and Associates (now Transwestern) and a Vice President at Smithy Braedon. Barbara has been providing commercial real estate services to corporate office users and the institutional real estate community since 1982.
In addition to brokerage services, Barbara has provided up front real estate consulting and advisory services analyzing real estate portfolios, relocation opportunities as related to demographics and strategic planning relevant to consolidations, acquisition and disposition, which led to significant real estate accounts.
Barbara spent four years living in Paris and London, with her husband. While living in Paris, she was on the founding committee for Les Amis du National Museum of Women in the Arts, organized marketing and journalism seminars for Northwestern University graduate students and chaired fundraisers for the American University in Paris and Helen Keller Worldwide.
- Board Member, Northern Virginia chapter of NAIOP
- National Board of Directors, NAIOP
- Mentor, Developing Leaders Program, NAIOP
- Board Member, Northern Virginia Transportation Alliance
- Member, ULI Trends committee
- Founder and co-chair, Lombardi Women & Wine Annual Dinner
- Co-chair, Corporate Committee for the Lombardi Gala
- Board Member, DC CREW
- Co-chair, Corporate Committee for the Trust for the National Mall
- Chairman of the Board of Directors, Northern Virginia chapter of NAIOP
- Member of the Year for NAIOP, 1992
- Board member, Virginia Area Commercial Real Estate (VACRE)
- President, Northern Virginia Transportation Alliance
- Co-chair, CoreNet Mid–Atlantic Gala
- Member, Advisory Board, DC CREW
- Member, Advisory Board for the Historic Charleston Foundation
- Member, Advisory Board for the National Museum for Women in the Arts
- Recruitment Chair, Corporate Committee for the Trust for the National Mall