Brett McMahon is the Vice President for Business Development of Miller & Long Co., Inc., the largest concrete subcontractor in the United States and the largest employer of construction workers in the Mid-Atlantic Region. Mr. McMahon’s responsibilities include building and strengthening customer relations, public relations and government affairs. Miller & Long regularly employs more than 2,500 people in our turnkey concrete operations. The company’s average annual revenues have exceeded $350 million for the past five years. Miller & Long has employed over 65,000 people since its founding in 1947.
Mr. McMahon began work as a layout engineer and progressed into Project Management. In 1998, he established the company’s first branch office, which today is the North Carolina Division. He has 16 years of experience in all facets of the company’s turnkey concrete construction operations. When he transferred back to the company’s headquarters in May 2005, the Division regularly employed over 250 people with an average annual volume of over $40 million.
Mr. McMahon was born in Washington, D.C. He graduated from Landon School in Bethesda where he now serves on the Board of Trustees. He is a graduate of the University of Maryland, College Park with a degree in Economics.
- National Associated Builders and Contractors, Inc. (ABC) PAC Trustee
- Trustee, ABC’s Free Enterprise Alliance
- Founder and Board member, District of Columbia Economic Empowerment Coalition (DCEEC)
- Founder and Board member, Green Builders Council of D.C. (GBCDC)
- Jobs Coalition
- Academy of Construction & Design at Cardozo Senior High School
- Circle Partner and Board Member, D.C. Chamber of Commerce,
- Member, Federal City Council
- Private Employer Member, District of Columbia’s Workforce Investment Council (WIC)
- Co-chair, WIC’s Re-Entry Workgroup
- WIC representative, District’s Green Collar Advisory Council [appointed by Mayor Adrian Fenty]
- Chair of the National Legislative Committee, ABC