David Flanagan is a Principal and President of Elm Street Development, Inc., a privately held land development firm operating in the Washington/Baltimore area. The firm has developed over 28,000 residential building lots and over 3,000 apartments during the past 33 years. Elm Street received the Land Developer of the Year Award for nine consecutive years from the Maryland National Capital Building Industry Association.
Flanagan is also a Principal of Craftmark Homes, a homebuilding company and Legend Management, an apartment management company. Craftmark Homes is one of the largest privately held homebuilders operating in the Washington, D.C. area. Flanagan received a BIE from Georgia Tech in 1976 and received an MBA from the University of North Carolina in 1978.
- Member, Advisory Committee for Urban Land Institute-Washington
- Member, the Washington Airports Task Force
- Member, Advisory Board for the Center for Real Estate Development at Kenan-Flagler Business School
- Member, Board of the Georgia Tech Foundation
- Board of Directors of Montgomery Housing Partnership
- Former President, Maryland National Capital Building Industry Association
- Former Chairman, Washington Smart Growth Alliance
- Former President, Robert Trent Jones Golf Club