Deborah Ratner Salzberg is president of Forest City Washington, Inc., and a director of Forest City Enterprises, Inc. Ms. Ratner Salzberg is responsible for Forest City’s mid-Atlantic region which includes mixed use, multifamily residential, office and retail projects in Baltimore, Washington and Richmond.
Ms. Ratner Salzberg began her career with Forest City in 1985 and has worked extensively in retail leasing and project development – including project zoning, financing and construction. Recently, she has been instrumental in securing and developing major mixed-use projects for the company in the DC metro area, including the Waterfront Station project in southwest DC, as well as The Yards in the Capitol Riverfront district.
Prior to joining Forest City, Ms. Ratner Salzberg was a trial attorney in the Civil Division of the U.S. Department of Justice and is a currently a member of the California Bar. Ratner Salzberg is married with two children.
- Member, Mayor’s Sustainable DC Green Ribbon Committee
- Co-Chair, Comprehensive Housing Strategy Task Force
- Board of Trustees, Urban Land Institute
- Secretary/Board Member, District of Columbia Building Industry Council (DCBIA)
- Board Member, Foundation for the National Archives
- Board of Trustees, George Washington University
- Board Member, Jewish Federation of Greater Washington
- Board of Trustees, Kenyon College
- Board Member, Meyer Foundation
- Executive Committee, Federal City Council
- Board of Trustees, United Jewish Endowment Fund
- Board member, Arena Stage
- Board member, The National Building Museum
- Board member, The Washington Ballet
- Board Chair, The District of Columbia Jewish Community Center
- Board Chair, DC Chapter of the American Friends of The Weizmann Institute of Science