Jimmy Hazel is an investor in several businesses in Northern Virginia, including Angler Environmental in Manassas. Angler Environmental is a wetland and stream bank mitigation company that works throughout Virginia and also has projects in several other mid-Atlantic states.
Prior to his involvement with the Angler Companies, Mr. Hazel was a business lobbyist in Virginia. He was a partner in several firms over a 15-year career representing clients. His practice assisted most of the major business sectors in Virginia including, technology, energy production, pharmaceutical manufacturing, health insurance and tourism. He was the President of Williams Mullen Public Affairs when he was asked to serve in the administration of Governor Mark Warner in 2002. As an advisor to the Governor, he was responsible for the areas of Commerce and Trade and Technology and worked closely with the Cabinet Secretaries for both areas.
Mr. Hazel received his BA in History from Harvard in 1980 and his JD from George Mason in 1984.
- George Mason University School of Law Alumni Board, 1984 –
- Vice Chairman, George Mason University Foundation Board of Trustees
- Chair, Development Committee of the Foundation
- Member, Board of the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries
- Member, Virginia Historical Society
- Member, Virginia Free
- President, Mason Alumni Association
- Appointed to the Board of Visitors of the University of Virginia by Governors George Allen and Jim Gilmore
- Search committee for President of George Mason University [responsible for hiring Alan Merten]