Jon M. Peterson has worked in the family’s real estate development business, previously known as Hazel/Peterson Companies, since 1986. The Peterson Companies has been a regionally recognized leader in the community development industry, providing 25,000 residential lots, approximately 10 million square feet of retail and approximately 14 million square feet of quality office space. TPC provides management services for its own portfolio of office buildings and retail centers.
Mr. Peterson’s role as Senior Vice President of Commercial and Business Development has allowed him to develop close ties to the entire metropolitan real estate community. He has been involved on a day-to-day basis in all aspects of build-to-suit, purchase and acquisition, sale, leasing and financing of commercial properties as well as ground up development of approximately 2.25 million square feet of commercial office product in the Washington Metropolitan area. His strength and expertise include Class A office leasing and mixed use development from the acquisition of the land to stabilized cash flow.
Mr. Peterson graduated from Middlebury College.
- Member, Board of Directors, Northern Virginia Chapter of NAIOP (National Association of Industrial and Office Properties)
- Member Executive Committee, NAIOP Northern Virginia Chapter
- Chairman NAIOP Northern Virginia Chapter in 2000, 2001 and 2005
- Board Member & Treasurer, NAIOP National
- President, Virginia Association for Commercial Real Estate (VACRE)
- Board Member, Greater Washington Board of Trade
- Member, George Mason University, Patriot Club Advisory Board
- Alexandria Chamber of Commerce
- Member, DATA (Dulles Area Transportation Authority)
- Member, Urban Land Institute
- Member Commission of the Future of the Arts in Fairfax County, VA
- Board Member, INOVA Health Systems
- Chairman, George Mason Housing (George Mason University), Fairfax, VA
- Board of Trustees, Inova Health Care Services
- Board Member, Youth For Tomorrow
- Member Prince William Economic Development Task Force
- Member of the Board, George Mason Center For Real Estate Entrepreneurship (CREE)
- Member of the Board, Fairfax Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Board, Northern Virginia Transportation Alliance (NVTA)
- Joe Gibb’s Youth for Tomorrow, Board of Directors (Organization for “at-risk” troubled youth)
- Chairman, Youth for Tomorrow Golf Tournament for 8 years
- Inova Hospital-Life With Cancer Volunteer.