Jonathan Genn is the Executive Vice President and General Counsel of Percontee, Inc, a fourth-generation privately-held, Silver Spring, MD-based real estate company, wholly-owned by the family descendants of Homer and Martha Gudelsky. Mr. Genn, 54, lived in Silver Spring, Maryland, until age 9, and then moved to Chevy Chase, MD, where he graduated from Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School in 1975. Mr. Genn holds an A.B. degree from Georgetown University’s College of Arts and Sciences and a Juris Doctorate degree from the University Of Maryland School Of Law.
After law school, in 1982, Mr. Genn joined the Baltimore law firm, Weinberg and Green as an associate. Subsequently, he became a partner there in 1987, working on many of the Gudelsky family community developments as outside counsel. Mr. Genn was in-house corporate counsel for Percontee, Inc (the Gudelsky family’s affiliated businesses in 1991), General Counsel in 1994, and Executive Vice President in 2004. Mr. Genn’s responsibilities include managing the Gudelsky family’s multi-family portfolio and community development endeavors, principally mixed-use lifestyle communities in the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan region.
- Director, The Hippodrome Foundation, Inc.
- Director/officer, The Homer and Martha Gudelsky Family Foundation, Inc.
- Appointed by Montgomery County Executive Ike Leggett to the County Executive’s Rapid Transit Task Force
- Member, Board of the Washington Airports Task Force
- Member, Board of the Suburban Maryland Transportation Alliance
- Member, Montgomery County’s “White Flint Rapid Transit Ad Hoc Committee”
- Member, Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce