Since 2001 Mr. Friis has served as the President & CEO of Rodgers Consulting, Inc., a land planning, natural resources and site development engineering firm with offices in Germantown and Frederick, Maryland. The firm’s consulting practice is focused upon its knowledge of state and local government land development and environmental regulatory entitlement processes. Rodgers Consulting has been recognized for both creativity of design and regulatory entitlement solutions on numerous award winning new urbanist communities, urban infill and redevelopment projects, and mixed-use employment centers.
Mr. Friis has extensive involvement with numerous civic, non-profit and building industry boards, as well as state and local government committees related to regional growth, transportation, and infrastructure funding. He currently serves on the Board of Directors of Sandy Spring Bancorp and the Board of Trustees of Hood College. Mr. Friis is a member of the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP), holds degrees from the University of Maryland and Hood College, and is a graduate of Leadership Maryland.
Prior Public Policy Service Appointments:
- Governor’s Blue Ribbon Commission on Maryland Transportation Funding 2010-2011
- Montgomery County Transportation Policy Task Force 2000-2002
- Maryland State Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Washington Council of Governments Transportation Citizens Advisory Board
- MDOT/MSHA I-270 Land Use Expert Panel 2001
- Thomas Natelli, Natelli Communities
- Craig Ruppert, Ruppert Companies
- Cameron Pratt, Foulger-Pratt
- Dave Flanagan, Elm Street Development