Tom Natelli is the CEO and principal owner of Natelli Communities, a privately held real estate investment and development concern with corporate offices in Gaithersburg, Maryland. The company and its affiliated entities, including Main Street Homes and Natelli Homes, are engaged in the acquisition, development and construction of master planned communities, principally in the mid-Atlantic region. His company has earned numerous industry and environmental awards for its development activities, including the ULI Award for Excellence for Large Scale Communities, Washington Metro Area Environmental Developer of the Year, and Suburban Maryland Builder of the Year. Notable projects include Avenel, Lakelands, The Villages of Urbana, Bay Forest and Sunset Island.
Natelli also serves on the boards of many non-profit organizations and business enterprises. He played a central role on the board of Montgomery Housing Partnership, which was created to preserve and expand the supply of affordable housing in Montgomery County. He has received several awards for developing programs to provide over seven million dollars of contributions to non-profit organizations and charities throughout the region. Natelli also formed MargRock Entertainment with several music industry veterans in 2007 and Emrose Records in 2010, both based in Nashville, TN.
Natelli earned a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from Duke University in 1982.
- Chairman of the Board, Chesapeake Lodging Trust
- Member, Board of the School of Engineering at Duke University
- Member, Board of Strathmore Center for Performing Arts
- New building task force, Suburban
- Chair of the Board, Villages of Urbana
- Chair of the Board, Sunset Island
- Chair of the Board, Bay Forest
- Chairman of the Board, Suburban Hospital Healthcare System
- Chairman and Member, Board of Trustees of Suburban Hospital Healthcare System
- Member, Board of Directors of FBR National Trust
- Member, Board of Directors of Highland Hospitality Corporation
- Member, Board of Advisors of Fund 1 of The Halifax Group
- Co-founder and Chairman of the Board, eStara
- President, Board of the Montgomery County Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Financial Aid Initiative for Duke University